For readers interested in the legal issues &c associated with today’s Royal Wedding, here are the relevant links in chronological order:
- Announcement of engagement, .
- The Licensing Act 2003 (Royal Wedding Licensing Hours) Order 2018 [9 May 2018]
- Instrument of Consent [11 May 2018]
- Presiding Bishop Curry to give address at Royal Wedding, [11 May 2018].
- Special Marriage Licence, Faculty Office, [14 May 2018]
- The Order of Service [19 May 2018]
- Announcement of titles [19 May 2018]
- “The Power of Love”, [19 May 20180] Wedding address by the Most Rev. Michael B Curry.
For reference, the Order of Succession to the throne is here. Other relevant posts are:
- Royal Marriages, , on marriage of divorcees in the Church of England.
- A prenup for Harry and Meghan? , a post by Dr Sharon Thompson, Senior Lecturer in Law at Cardiff University.
- The Succession to the Crown Act 2013 has landed, , an overview from Bob Morris of the Constitution Unit at UCL.
- Prenuptial agreements, the Church and the Law, 
In common with other recent royal weddings in London (29 April 2011) and Edinburgh (30 July 2011), the Air Navigation (Restriction of Flying) (Windsor Castle) Regulations 2018 impose restrictions on flights in the vicinity of Windsor Castle on 19th and 20th May.
Those following the service might be interested in Presiding Bishop Bingo, produced by the Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth, comprising frequently used phrases of the Presiding Bishop, the Most Revd Michael Curry.
Cite this article as: David Pocklington, "Royal Wedding – some legal links" in Law & Religion UK, 19 May 2018, https://lawandreligionuk.com/2018/05/19/royal-wedding-some-legal-links/
And those who, like me, who aren’t remotely interested might like to know that the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland begins today: there will be live video and audio streams of the proceedings, available from this link.
Pingback: Weekly Notes: legal news from ICLR - 21 May 2018 - ICLR