At a meeting in St Alban the Martyr, Holborn on Saturday 17th November 2018, the Forward in Faith National Assembly unanimously called on the House of Bishops to re-affirm the Seal of the Confessional as “an essential principle of the doctrine of the Universal Church, as received by the Church of England”. The Assembly also called on priests of The Society to reassure the faithful that they will maintain absolute confidentiality with regard to what is confessed in sacramental confession.
This post provides links to some of the material from the event.
- Overview, scroll to 17th November 2018
- Addresses given at the Assembly, including:
- Sermon by Fr Christopher Smith SSC
- Vacancies in Society Parishes: Successful lay initiatives (x3)
- Vacancies in Society Parishes: Advice from Forward in Faith (x2)
- The Seal of the Confessional: Presentation, (1 of 2 available)
- The Seal of the Confessional: Motion
- Resources about the Seal of the Confessional.
The Address given by Mr William Nye (Secretary General of the General Synod and the Archbishops’ Council) is now available here. [Updated, 19 April 2019].
This post is for information only; Comments are closed.