As in previous years, we have compiled a quiz concerning events in law and religion during 2018, many of which have featured in our posts, plus the odd rogue question. Answers will be published on Saturday, 5 January 2018.
1. What age would you assign to the adjectives “notable”, “veteran” and “ancient”, and in what context would you use them?
2. Name five of the twenty five Flag Flying Days 2018, when the Union Flag is to be flown on UK government buildings. As a supplementary, when is the European Flag to be flown, if at all?
3. What has David Gauke MP in common with David Lloyd George?
4. Which of the following are the names of real parish churches – St Ignatius, Hendon; St Maxentius, Bradshaw; St. Mary the Virgin Wotton-under-Edge with Ozleworth; St. Alphege, Seasalter; and St. Mary the Virgin Walsham Willows?
5. What in 2018 had something been down for longer than it had been up?
6. Which two parliamentarians went into the Chapel of St Mary, Undercroft, in the Palace of Westminster, late at night armed with an electric drill; and why?
7. What is referred to as the MoHoCoLoGo?
8. What has Lord Keen in common with Fr Jack Hackett? [Clue: it’s not in Hansard]
9. What links the following: Blockley; St Fagans; Kirkdale; Adlestrop; Bristol; Bath Abbey; Rosslyn Chapel?
10. What have the following in common: HRH The Duchess of Cornwall; Blessed Virgin Mary; Battle of Britain; Judges; London Mayors?
11. Who said: “I am to PowerPoint what King Herod was to childminding”?
12. Who said that we should envy sea horses, and why?
13. Who is Lloyd Russell-Moyle and when was his “15 minutes of fame”?
14. Who played Yoda from Star Wars in December 2018?
15. Is Voldemort protected by the Human Rights Act?
16. What links the following and what should be added: Crimond; Fern Bank; Liverpool; Lloyd; October; Old Foster; Pentonville; Shaw Lane; Sweet Chiming Bells?
17. What do the following churches in Venice have in common? San Nicolo dei Mendicoli; San Lazzaro dei Mendicanti; Basilica di San Giovanni e Paolo, a.k.a. San Zanipolo; Santa Maria dei Miracoli; San Stae.