Further to the Church of England Advice issued on 27 March Securing and caring for your church buildings during the Covid-19 pandemic: advice for incumbents, churchwardens and PCC members on which we posted here, an updated version has now been issued (Version 2, 3 April). Below we reproduce the helpful summary of the changes that have been made; the revised document is here.
New material added to Version 2:
- Prohibition on livestreaming services
- Keeping a record of people who enter the building
- Gas safety inspections
- Gas boiler servicing
- Organ building and maintenance
- Raising and lowering flags
- Conservation projects in the church building
- Collecting post
- Tending graves
Revisions from Version 1:
- References to streaming services removed, as services should not be streamed from the church building.
- References to leafleting removed to avoid risk of spreading infection
- In public notices a reference to the publication of faculty petitions online for all petitions started in the online faculty system after 1 April 2020.
- Change in advice on tending to churchyards, stating this should not now be routinely carried out, following further advice from the police.