Further to the revised Advice issued on 3 April on which we posted here, an updated version of Securing and caring for your church buildings during the Covid-19 pandemic: advice for incumbents, churchwardens and PCC members has now been issued (Version 3, 20 April). Below we reproduce the helpful summary of the changes that have been made.
This document will be kept under review and updated as events develop, with each update issued as a new version. The current version will always be available to download from the Church of England website via the Coronavirus FAQs page.
Version 3 of the guidance reflects the situation following the government statement on 16 April 2020 relating to a three-week extension to the lockdown period. It will be reviewed before week beginning 11 May at the latest.
If you have questions about these issues, or would like the answer to additional questions, please email email@example.com.
New material added to Version 3:
- Water rates on closed buildings
- Nurseries operated from church buildings
- Advice on bells
- Architects attending to undertake surveys
- Advice for whom to contact if DAC officers are furloughed
- Details of emergency grant funds that churches are eligible for
Revisions from Version 2:
- Updated context
- Reference to government Coronavirus Restrictions
- Revision of guidance on organ maintenance visits
- Reference to government guidance on using public green space in churchyards
- Reference to items of high value in churches
- Reference to professional maintenance of churchyards
Entirely new questions are marked with a *