This is a weekly update on the legislation and guidance on coronavirus COVID-19 up to 22 August it is intended as a quick reference to the latest developments. New items will be added throughout each week as they become available, at the same time as they are included in COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance (II) which has links to other weekly updates.
Sunday 16 August to Saturday 22 August
Law and Religion UK
- COVID-19 – Further changes to Church of England guidance, updates on eight sets of guidance plus a new FAQ “particularly in light of changes to advice on choirs singing during services”.
- Law and religion round-up – 16th August, Church of Scotland and COVID-19; virtual marriage registration; individual cups for Holy Communion; and singing in churches.
- SI 2020/863 – The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No. 2) (England) (Amendment) (No. 3) Regulations 2020
- SSI 2020/241 – The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions) (Scotland) Amendment (No. 11) Regulations 2020
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (No. 2) (Wales) (Amendment) (No. 5) Regulations 2020 WSI 2020/867 (W 189).
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Leicester) (No. 2) (Amendment) Regulations 2020, SI 2020/875. Amended local lockdown Regulations for Leicester, after their latest review. In force 19 August; further range of businesses and facilities can re-open within the protected area.
- Health Protection (Coronavirus, Wearing of Face Coverings in a Relevant Place) (England) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2020, SI 2020/882. Regulations make changes to where members of the public are required to wear face coverings. [effective 22 August].
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (No. 2) (Wales) (Amendment) (No. 6) Regulations 2020 SI 2020/884 (W.195).
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions) (Scotland) Amendment (No. 12) Regulations 2020, SSI 2020/251
Church of England
On Monday 17 August, the Church of England posted:
“In light of recent Government guidance updates we have now updated the following documents. This is particularly in light of changes to advice on choirs singing during services. Please see the top of each document for details of changes.
Last updated Monday 17 August at 14:32
- Updated Baptisms document
- Updated Weddings document
- Updated Funerals document
- Updated Holy Communion document
- Updated Confirmation services document
- Updated Ordinations and Consecrations document
- Updated Conducting public worship document*
- Updated Pastoral support in the community including care homes document
- New FAQ Can a choir sing during worship? in Prayer and worship section.”
* Further updated on 18 and 19 August with regard to latest face coverings guidance for those leading worship, (same URL).
- Baptists Together: Coronavirus – essential advice for churches, (updated 13 August)
- Baptists Together: Coronavirus: Guidance on church worship, (updated 13 August).
- RSCM: COVID-19: Guidance for Safely Resuming Group Music-making in Church.
- RSCM: Models for playing and singing in church
- RSCM: Risk Assessment introduction.
- RSCM: Risk Assessment template – COVID-19 Risk Assessment, Music in Live services.
- Gregson; Watson; Orton; Haddrell; McCarthy; Finnie; et al. (2020): Comparing the Respirable Aerosol Concentrations and Particle Size Distributions Generated by Singing, Speaking and Breathing. ChemRxiv. Preprint. https://doi.org/10.26434/chemrxiv.12789221.v1.
Post last updated 22nd August, 09:54.