This is a weekly update on the legislation and guidance on coronavirus COVID-19 up to 5 September; it is intended as a quick reference to the latest developments. New items will be added throughout each week as they become available, and at the same time as they are included in COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance (II) which has links to other weekly updates.
Sunday 30 August to Saturday 5 September
Law and Religion UK
- Aerosol and droplet generation from singing &c. Review by SAGE of international evidence base and two research trials (PERFORM and SOBADRA) commissioned to investigate droplet and aerosol production in performance events.
- Law and religion round-up – 30 August. COVID-19 and: bellringing; singing; full immersion baptism; employees targeted by COVID-19 legislation; Religion and fake COVID-19 protection kits
Church of England
- Direction from the president of tribunals: Covid-19: Pursuant to Rule 101(d) of the Clergy Discipline Rules, until further notice, documents may be delivered or sent by means of email or PDF/Word document attached to an email. Extensions to time limits will be considered on an individual basis.
- Updated FAQ Should we still deliver printed communication? in General section. Any paper delivery represents a transmission risk. Parishes are encouraged to look to digital communication, and telephone calls to keep in touch. Where printed materials are used, precautions should be taken to minimise the risk of transmission.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) banners and posters Posters and signs are provided free of charge for churches to use in and around their buildings. With thanks to the Church of Scotland for sharing their templates.
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Greencore) Regulations 2020 SI 2020/921. Made, 28th August; In force, 29th August; Laid before Parliament, 1st September.
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Blackburn with Darwen and Bradford) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2020, SI 2020/930. In force,12.00 p.m. on 2nd September 2020. Amends the definition of “protected area” in the Blackburn and Bradford Regulations so that it no longer includes the whole of the City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council.
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (North of England) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2020 SI 2020/931. In force,12.00 p.m. on 2nd September 2020. Further amend the definition of “protected area”, as defined in regulation 2 of the North of England Regulations and removes Bolton Metropolitan Borough Council, Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council and Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council.
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Blackburn with Darwen and Bradford) (Amendment) (No. 3) Regulations 2020, SI 2020/935. Amends the definition of “protected area” in regulation 1 of the Blackburn and Bradford Regulations so that Windhill and Wrose is removed from the protected area of the City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council.