This is a weekly update on the legislation and guidance on coronavirus COVID-19 up to 3 October; it is intended as a quick reference to the latest developments. New items will be added throughout each week as they become available, and at the same time as they are included in COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance, which is now the main source of information. The updates for the earlier weeks are here.
Sunday 27 September to Saturday 3 October
Law and Religion UK
- Law and religion round-up – 27 September. QR codes for “NHS Test and Trace”; Virtual sittings of C of E General Synod.
Church of England
- Summary of Changes and Actions, Diocese of Oxford. APCMs and ACMs.
- Annual Parochial Church Meeting (APCM) – Checklist for PCCs
- Last updated Friday 2 October at 11:07
- New FAQs:
- Can we turn our heating on? in the Fabric and building maintenance section
- COVID-19 Church Heating, v1. This guidance has been prepared to support churches as we move to colder weather. Just don’t prop open fire doors.
- COVID 19 Mission and Ministry with Children, Young People & Families in a Church Setting, v2. Update from version 1.1: This document has been thoroughly revised with the help of The Diocesan Children and Youth Advisers Network and reflects the updated Government guidance since the 21st
- COVID-19 Outdoor Worship and Churchyards, v4. Update from version 3.2: on the 14th September the Government introduced ‘the rule of six’ limiting gatherings of people with some exemptions. Following discussions with the Government, section 1 has been updated to include this.
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Self Isolation) (England) Regulations 2020, SI 2020/1045 Impose self-isolation requirements in relation to persons who have tested positive for coronavirus and their contacts, duties of employers, enforcement and penalties.
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (Obligations of Undertakings) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2020, SI 2020/1046 Amend the Obligations of Hospitality Undertakings SI 2020/1008, also SI 2020/684 and 2020/1005. Expands the scope of the existing requirements, introducing new requirements to take measures to stop singing and dancing, subject to exemptions, and to not play music which exceeds 85db(A).
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (No. 2) (Wales) (Amendment) (No. 15) (Neath Port Talbot, Torfaen and Vale of Glamorgan) Regulations 2020, WSI 2020/1049, (W. 235). Amendment designates the county boroughs of Neath Port Talbot, Torfaen and the Vale of Glamorgan as local health protection areas that are subject to specific restrictions and requirements.
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (No. 2) (Wales) (Amendment) (No. 16) (Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham) Regulations 2020, WSI 1066, (W.240). Designates the county boroughs of Conwy and Wrexham and the counties of Denbighshire and Flintshire as local health protection areas that are subject to specific restrictions and requirements.
- Marr, Linsey C, et al. Transmission of Sars-cov-2 by Inhalation of Respiratory Aerosol In the Skagit Valley Chorale Superspreading Event. Analysis of outbreak occurred following attendance of a symptomatic index case at a weekly rehearsal on 10 March of the Skagit Valley Chorale (SVC).
Scottish Episcopal Church
- New guidance video for churches re-opening
- Revised Phase 3 Guidance
- Revised Pastoral Advice for Phase 3
- FAQs for Phase 3
Post last updated, 5 October 2020 at 07:17.