This is a weekly update on the legislation and guidance on coronavirus COVID-19 up to 14 November 2020; it is intended as a quick reference to the latest developments. New items will be added throughout each week as they become available, and included in COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance which is now the main source of information§. The updates for the earlier weeks are here.
Sunday 8 November to Saturday 14 November
Law and Religion UK
- Law and religion round-up – 8th November, Guidance, legislation, and how not to do it; Lockdown and places of worship; Reopening of places of worship in Wales; Charity Commission: updated guidance on COVID-19; Charity meetings in Wales, General Synod (Remote Meetings) Measure 2020; Church of England and Archbishops’ websites.
Church of England
- Can I still undertake pastoral visiting under the new restrictions? in the Community support section.
Monday 09 November at 13.17 Important notification:
- Q&A which are not applicable during second lockdown have been removed
- All documents have been left live for reference, but please note that advice contained within may not be relevant during lockdown. We have marked individual documents which contain guidance which is not relevant during lockdown (as “(non-current)” against the link to the document).
Other churches and faith organizations
Church in Wales
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) guidance: Guidance from the Bench of Bishops (9 November 2020).
- Covid 19 Guidance Amber Phase: (9 November 2020). This is the main guidance document on how to open churches safely.
- Covid 19 Guidance Marriages and Funerals, (9 November 2020.
- Guidance on Celebrating Holy Communion, (9 November 2020).
- Guidance on Conducting Baptisms, (9 November 2020).
- Guidance on Music and the Playing of Organs, (9 November 2020).
- Guidance on re-opening of church halls, (9 November 2020).
- Guidance on re-opening for visitors, (9 November 2020).
The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions)(England) (No. 4) (Amendment) Regulations, SI 2020/1242. Make amendments to the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No. 4) Regulations 2020 to permit attendance at outside events commemorating Armistice Day.
The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Local Levels) (Scotland) Amendment (No. 2) Regulations 2020, SSI 2020/374. Come into force at 6.00 am 1 November 2020, amending the principal regulations. Regulation 3, local authority areas of Fife, Angus, and Perth and Kinross; Reg 4 the local government areas of Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands and Na h-Eileanan Siar.
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No. 2) (Amendment No. 14) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020, SR 2020/255. Amendment of the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No. 2) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020 in relation to “Enforcement officers and premises improvement notices.
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No. 2) (Amendment No. 15) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020, SR 2020/256. These Regulations amend the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (No. 2) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2020. They provide for the restrictions in Schedule 2 to be extended to the end of Thursday 26 November. They also introduce modifications of those restrictions from 20 November.
- RSCM: COVID-19: Guidance for Safely Resuming Group Music-making in Church, updated 12 November 2020 in relation to broadcast music and formal school settings.
- CCCBR: Updated guidance, 8 November 2020.§
§ – item to be added to COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance.
Post last updated, 13 November at11:01.