This is the latest rolling weekly update covering the legislation and guidance on coronavirus COVID-19 during the week commencing 14 February 2021*.
Sunday 14 February to Saturday 20 February
Law and Religion UK
- Law and religion round-up – 14 February 2021. St Valentine and COVID-19, Closure of churches in Scotland.
Church of England‡
- Press release: Instagram Ash Wednesday filters and services at home: preparing for Lent amid the pandemic, (7 January 2021).
- COVID-19 Advice for Services during Lent, Holy Week, and Easter, V.1, 20 January 2021. Although issued some time ago, this week this is of particular relevance for Ash Wednesday, and forms the basis of the Church in Wales advice, infra.
Church in Wales
- COVID-19 Advice for Services during Lent, Holy Week, and Easter, V3, Bench of Bishops of the Church in Wales, Alert Level Four, (17 February 2021). Based on the advice issued by the Church of England’s COVID-19 Recovery Group, with amendment to the particular context in which the Church in Wales operates.
Roman Catholic Church
Coronavirus Act two-monthly reports. Two-monthly reports on which powers in the Coronavirus Act 2020 are currently active. First published, October 2020, last updated 1 December 2020 to include Coronavirus Act report: November 2020.
Health and Safety Executive
House of Commons Library
- Research Briefing: Coronavirus: enforcing restrictions, (19 February 2021). §
Post last updated, 19 February 2021 at 15:23.
These updates are published at the start of each week; they are not reissued, but new items are added throughout the week as they become available, providing a “rolling update” of the latest developments during the current week. They are also added to COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance which is the main source of information; those items in the weekly updates yet to be added are marked “§“. The updates for the earlier weeks are here.
For Church of England documents, the information on the document itself – date and version number – provides the best indication of the date on which it was issued