This is the latest rolling weekly update covering the legislation and guidance on coronavirus COVID-19 during the week commencing 21 February 2021 *.
Sunday 21 February to Saturday 27 February
Law and Religion UK
- COVID-19: easing the lockdown in England & Scotland, 23 February 2021.
- Law and religion round-up – 21 February, COVID-19 and closure of churches in Scotland, Noli me tangere.
Church of England‡
Following the Prime Minister’s statement to the Commons outlining the Government’s spring response, The Bishop of London has responded. The advice on this page will be reviewed and updated as changes come into effect.
Other churches and faith organizations
Crown Prosecution Service
January’s coronavirus review findings. Details of the findings of the CPS review for completed prosecutions in January under the Coronavirus Act and Health Protection Regulations. Adam Wagner notes that 25% of cases prosecuted under coronavirus regulations wrongly charged – 100% of cases Coronavirus Act wrongly charged.
House of Commons Library
- Coronavirus: enforcing restrictions, 26 February 2021.§
- The coronavirus timeline: Measures taken by the House of Commons, 23 February 2021.
Guidance, Statements, &c
- Coronavirus – The Lockdown Laws. House of Commons Briefing Paper, (24 February 2021).§
- COVID-19 Response – Spring 2021. This COVID-19 Response sets out how the Government will continue to protect and support citizens across the UK and provides a roadmap out of the current lockdown in England. The Devolved Administrations are setting out how lockdown will be eased in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. (22 February 2021).
- National lockdown: Stay at Home, (updated 22 February 2021).
- COVID-19 Response – Spring 2021 (Summary), Cabinet Office, (22 February 2021).
- PM statement to the House of Commons on roadmap for easing lockdown restrictions in England: 22 February 2021, (22 February 2021).
- Coronavirus reopening roadmap: comment from the Bishop of London, (22 February 2021).
Post last updated, 27 February at 15:47.
- These updates are published at the start of each week; they are not reissued, but new items are added throughout the week as they become available, providing a “rolling update” of the latest developments during the current week. They are also added to COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance which is the main source of information; those items in the weekly updates yet to be added are marked “§“. The updates for the earlier weeks are here.
- For Church of England documents, the information on the document itself – date and version number – provides the best indication of the date on which it was issued
- [top of page]