This post includes a rolling update of new legislation and guidance on coronavirus COVID-19 during the week commencing 2 May 2021*.
Sunday 2 May 2021 to Saturday 8 May 2021
The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2021 (Amendment No. 3) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2021, SR 2021/117. These Regulations amend the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2021 in relation to the carrying out of certain educational activities and seating at hospitality premises.
- Limit on mourners at funerals to be removed, Legal limit on numbers of mourners at funerals to be removed in England at Step 3 of the roadmap; Venues such as places of worship to set limits based on individual capacity; All organisers must continue to be Covid secure and follow social distancing rules, Press Release, MHCLG, (3 May 2021).
Church of England‡
- Can we host children and youth groups? in the Community support section
- How should we complete a risk assessment for our church building? in the Safety, safeguarding and wellbeing section
- What guidance is in place for clergy, church workers and volunteers who are deemed to be at additional risk? in the Safety, safeguarding and wellbeing section
- What resources are available to support mental health and emotional well-being? in the Community support section
Law and Religion UK
- Law and religion round-up – 2 May 2021 Easing the lockdown in Ireland. (2 May 2021).
- COVID-19: latest relaxations for places of worship in Wales, review by Revd Gethin Rhys and Cytûn of further relaxations in Wales, brought forward from 17 May to 3 May, when Wales moved to Coronavirus Alert Level 3. (4 May 2021).
Post last updated, 4 M5ay 2021 at 08:37.
These updates are published at the start of each week; they are not reissued, but new items are added throughout the week as they become available, providing a “rolling update” of the latest developments during the current week. They are also added to COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance which is the main source of information, and listed with the newest items last (unlike the CofE documents, infra); items in the weekly updates yet to be added are marked “§“. The updates for the earlier weeks are here.
Church of England documents are listed under their full title and issue number, in the same order as they appear on the Church’s web site.