This post includes a rolling update of new legislation and guidance on coronavirus COVID-19 during the week commencing 6 June 2021 *.
Sunday 6 June to Saturday 12 June 2021
The Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel and Operator Liability) (England) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2021, SI 2021/670. This instrument removes Portugal (including the Azores and Madeira) from the list of category 1 countries and territories referred to as “Green List” countries and territories. This instrument adds Afghanistan, Sudan, Sri Lanka, Bahrain, Trinidad and Tobago, Costa Rica and Egypt to the list of category 3 countries and territories referred to as “Red List countries and territories. This instrument amends the testing requirements for ‘category 1 list’ arrivals and arrivals from category 2 countries to elaborate on provisions in the regulations as they were laid to ensure that the policy intention is fully reflected.
The Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (No. 5) (Wales) (Amendment) (No. 12) Regulations 2021, WSI 2021/686 (W.172). These Regulations amend the Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (No. 5) (Wales) Regulations 2020 (S.I. 2020/1609 (W. 335)) (“the principal Regulations”). The amendment clarifies the effect of the prohibition on organising events in paragraph 4 of Schedule 1 to the principal Regulations.
- The Coronavirus (Scotland) Act 2020 (Early Expiry of Provisions) (No. 2) Regulations 2021, SSI 2021/236. These Regulations expire the following provisions in schedule 4 of the Coronavirus (Scotland) Act 2020. The expiry takes effect on 14 June 2021.
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (International Travel) (Scotland) Amendment (No. 13) Regulations 2021, SSI 2-21/237. These Regulations amend the Health Protection (Coronavirus) (International Travel) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 (“the International Travel Regulations”).
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Local Levels) (Scotland) Amendment (No. 27) Regulations 2021, SSI 2021/238. These Regulations amend the Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Local Levels) (Scotland) Regulations 2020.
- Red, amber and green list rules for entering England. Countries rated as red, amber or green for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the rules you must follow to enter England. DfT, (updated 8 June).
- Allow non-professional singing in groups of more than six indoors. 57,345 signatures at time of update, infra. Government response given on 9 June 2021.
Church of England‡
- Simon Linford, Central Council of Church Bell Ringers: Summary Ringing Guidance (England).
Association of British Choral Directors (ABCD)
- England Step 3 guidance for choirs – only 6 indoors, (3 June 2021).
- Guidance for the performing arts in England – FAQs, (3 June 2021).
Law and Religion UK
- Law and religion round-up – 6 June. COVID-19: easing the lockdown in England.
Post last updated, 11 June at 15:38
These updates are published at the start of each week; they are not reissued, but new items are added throughout the week as they become available, providing a “rolling update” of the latest developments during the current week. They are also added to COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance which is the main source of information, and listed with the newest items last (unlike the CofE documents, infra); items in the weekly updates yet to be added are marked “§“. The updates for the earlier weeks are here.
Church of England documents are listed under their full title and issue number, in the same order as they appear on the Church’s web site.