This post includes a rolling update of new legislation and guidance on coronavirus COVID-19 during the week commencing 25 July 2021 *.
Sunday 25 July to Saturday 31 July
- House of Lords & House of Commons, Joint Committee on Statutory Instruments: Rule of Law Themes from COVID-19 Regulations – First Special Report of Session 2021–22.
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel and Operator Liability) (England) (Amendment) (No. 7) Regulations 2021, SI 2021/914.
- House of Commons Library: Coronavirus: lockdown laws, (updated 30 July 2021).
The Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel) (Amendment No. 5) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2021, SR 2021/218. “a new exempt category for Seasonal Agricultural Workers who can claim an exemption from post-arrival testing and self-isolation when undertaking the exempt activity, if they have travelled from an amber list country.”
- House of Commons Library: Coronavirus: enforcing restrictions. Discusses the enforcement of coronavirus restrictions regulations in England and Wales. It explains who has powers to enforce the restrictions and what those powers are. It also summarises statistics on the number of Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs- fines) issued by police for coronavirus offences. [27 July 2021]/
- Red, amber and green list rules for entering England, From 2 August, people who have been fully vaccinated in many European countries or the USA will not need to quarantine on arrival in England or take a day 8 test., [28 July 2021].
Church of England‡
- New Q&A added “What is the Church of England’s position on ‘vaccine passports’?”
- The Press Release issued after the Zoom meeting of the House of Bishops on 26 July 2021 includes the following statement:
“The Bishop of London, in her capacity as Chair of the Recovery Group (now concluded) then updated the House on what is now permissible since 19th of July and confirmed that she and her colleagues will continue to monitor the Covid-19 situation carefully as it continues to evolve.”
Most, but not all, of the Church’s guidance on COVID-19 is issued by the House of Bishops COVID-19 Recovery Group.
Law and Religion UK
- Law and religion round-up – 25 July 2021: Reactions to easing in England… ; …and in Wales; Non-story of the week? [vaccine passports].
Post last updated, 31 July at 10:07.
These updates are published at the start of each week; they are not reissued, but new items are added throughout the week as they become available, providing a “rolling update” of the latest developments during the current week. They are also added to COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance which is the main source of information, and listed with the newest items last (unlike the CofE documents, infra); items in the weekly updates yet to be added are marked “§“. The updates for the earlier weeks are here.
Church of England documents are listed under their full title and issue number, in the same order as they appear on the Church’s web site.