This post includes a rolling update of new legislation and guidance on coronavirus COVID-19 during the week commencing 1 August 2021 *.
Sunday 1 August to Saturday 7 August
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Requirements) (Scotland) Regulations 2021, SSI 2021/227, extracts in post, infra.
The Health Protection (Coronavirus, International Travel, Operator Liability and Information to Passengers) (Amendment No. 4) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2021, SR 2021/225. Amendments including: Regulation 2 introduces a revised definition of self-isolation to describe the context that it relates to; Regulation 3 create the new category of amber plus list countries. If a fully vaccinated traveller arrives from an amber plus list country, they are not treated as if they had arrived from a green list country; Regulation 4 amends and expands the fully vaccinated traveller exemption so that travellers who are fully vaccinated in the EU or USA, and who arrive in Northern Ireland from an amber list country are treated as if they had arrived from a green list country.
- Scotland to move beyond level 0. Some protective measures will stay in place. The legal requirement for physical distancing and limits on gatherings will be removed on 9 August when all venues across Scotland are able to re-open.
- Using the NHS COVID Pass. How to get the NHS COVID Pass and demonstrate your coronavirus (COVID-19) status when travelling abroad and domestically at events and venues in England. NHS, (5 August 2021).
- Local authority powers to impose restrictions under coronavirus regulations. DHSC, (5 August 2021). Supports the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) (No 3) Regulations 2020 that come into force on 18 July 2020.
Church of England‡
- New Q&A added “What is the Church of England’s position on ‘vaccine passports’?” [See also our post Vaccine passports and places of worship].
Church in Wales
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) guidance. Update: 6 August 2021. Coronavirus Statement from the Bench of Bishops 7th August 2021.”The Representative Body will shortly publish updated advice, specific to the Church, on how to develop risk assessments in this new environment”.
- COVID-19: Guidance for Safe Music-making in Church. Last update, 16th July 2021
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – CCCBR. Last update, 20 July 2021.
Law and Religion UK
- Law and religion round-up – 1st August: no items on COVID-19.
- COVID-19: Masks in Scotland from 9 August. 6 August 2021.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance for the charity sector: Guidance to help with running your charity during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. As remaining legal restrictions are gradually eased in England and Wales, the Commission assures charities that during this period it will continue to act proportionately in the public interest, whilst helping trustees to think about the wider or longer impact of their decisions on their charity. (3 August 2021). Guidance to be reviewed 30 September 2021.
Post last updated, 7 August at 08:17.
These updates are published at the start of each week; they are not reissued, but new items are added throughout the week as they become available, providing a “rolling update” of the latest developments during the current week. They are also added to COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance which is the main source of information, and listed with the newest items last (unlike the CofE documents, infra); items in the weekly updates yet to be added are marked “§“. The updates for the earlier weeks are here.
Church of England documents are listed under their full title and issue number, in the same order as they appear on the Church’s web site.