As in previous years, we have compiled a quiz concerning events in law and religion during the last 12 months or so, many of which have featured in our posts. Answers will be published on Saturday, 1 January 2022.
1. Where in the UK might a depiction of Janus be found: The Institute of Directors; No 10 Downing Street; or elsewhere?
2. Where were we encouraged to explore Amchoor to Zhoug?
3. In what did the “spirit of unity” change “young” to “one”?
4. Who said, and on what occasion, “The demands of English religion are not excessive. The services are very short, and consist chiefly of listening to good music extremely well sung, for the English are extremely good choristers”?
5. What item of beachwear links Diana Dors, Joan Collins and Ruth Ellis?
6. What happened in 2021 which last occurred in 1763 and will next be in 2491?
7. Who provided the link between COVID-19 and il Prete Rosso?
8. Who, and when is the ABCDE?
9. Where in the precincts of Westminster Abbey did Henry III swear on the Gospels to observe Magna Carta: Jerusalem Chamber; St Catherine’s Chapel; Little Cloister; Pyx Chamber?
10. Who provides the link between the Titanic, the Britannic, and the Olympic?
12. Link Rossini, football, and judicial violence.
13. Where in 2021 did Winnie-the-Pooh succeed where Thomas the Tank Engine did not?
14. Where might the oldest stuffed bird be found?
15. Badgers and Hedgehogs (Benedicite No. 4): In what document might one find references to dogs, cats, wombats and mongooses? As a bonus, why is mongeese incorrect?
16: What do Boudica and Harry Potter have in common?
17. Which is the odd one out: Florence, Matilda, Branwen, Bronte or Winifred?
18. Continue the sequence: Dudley, Eunice, Franklin, Gladys, Herman, Imani, Jack, Kim, Logan, Méabh, Nasim, Olwen, Pól, Ruby, Sean, Tineke, Vergil,
19. Link the following (Clue, this is one for Anglo Catholics): Holy Trinity Church, Privett, Hampshire, St Mary’s, Itchen Stoke, St Mary the Virgin Old Church, Preston Candover, St Nicholas, Freefolk?
20. What is the significance of Battersea Power Station and Nine Elms?