Further to recent posts on the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II, we have summarized links to L&RUK and other material relating to Church and State, below. These will continue to be updated and added to our General Index.
- Government Guidance and Analysis
- Legislation and Proclamations
- Church of England
- Other Churches
- Law and Religion UK
- Commentaries and other information
- The Death of a Monarch, House of Commons Library, (8 September 2022)
- Mourning and Condolence arrangements at the Royal Residences, Royal UK, (9 September 2022).
- Accession Council and Principal Proclamation, royal.uk. Change to flag flying advice. (9 September 2022)
- Guidance for the public and businesses on the period of National Mourning following the demise of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Cabinet Office. (9 September 2022).
- National Mourning period: guidance for faith and belief groups and places of worship. (9 September 2022).
- Clerical Subscription Act 1865.
- Parliamentary Oaths Act 1866.
- Promissory Oaths Act 1868.
- Demise of the Crown Act 1901.
- Regency Act 1937.
- Royal Titles Act 1953.
- Oaths Act 1978.
- Church of England Canon C 13
The Accession Council, 10 September 2022
- Part I
The Accession Proclamation
Eight Orders of Council
- Part II
The King’s Declaration
The King’s Oath to uphold the Security of the Church of Scotland
Twelve Orders in Council
The Sovereign Grant
Two Bank Holiday Proclamations and Sealing Orders
- Accession Council and Principal Proclamation (9 August 2022)
- Accession Proclamation, (10 September 2022).
- The King’s Declaration, (10 September 2022).
- The King’s remarks to Faith Leaders, (17 September 2022).
- Proclamation of the Lord of Mann at St. John’s, (16 September 2022).
Canons of the Church of England
- Canons – website edition.
- Canon C 13 Of the Oath of Allegiance
- G 2 Of the chancellor or judge of a Consistory Court
- G 3 Of the judges of the Arches Court of Canterbury and the Chancery Court of York
- G 4 Of registrars
- Church bells to toll and prayers said across England as nation enters mourning, (8 September 2022).
- Resources and liturgy on the death of HM The Queen (8 September 2022, updated).
- Prayers for the Sovereign and for the Royal Family, and Prayers and Forms of Service for Accession Day, Lambeth Palace, (20 September 2022).
- Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England & Wales: Prayers for the Repose of the Soul of HM Queen Elizabeth II.
- Church in Wales: Service in commemoration of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Church of Scotland: Prayers and worship material for use following the death of the Queen.
- Methodist Church: A prayer vigil on the death of The Sovereign.
- Resources and liturgy – Church of England. (8 September 2022).
- Church bells to toll and prayers said across England, (8 September 2022, updated 9 September).
- Oath of allegiance on demise of the Crown, (10 September 2022).
- Death of HM Queen Elizabeth II: government guidance, (11 September 2022).
- Oath of allegiance on demise of the Crown, weekly round-up segue to earlier post, supra. (11 September 2022).
- Oaths of allegiance: Church of England, (14 September 2022).
- Events on the day of the State Funeral, (15 September 2022).
- State Funeral and Committal Service, (19 September 2022).
- Book of Common Prayer and Common Worship: post-accession, (21 September 2022).
- Frank Cranmer, John Lucas and Bob Morris: Church and State: A Mapping Exercise. (April 2006).
- Robert Hazell and Bob Morris: Planning for the next Accession and Coronation. The authors of two reports published by the UCL Constitution Unit on 23 May that look forward to the Accession and Coronation of the next monarch. (5 June 2015).
- Jonathan Chaplin: Should the Church of England be disestablished? In a guest post, Jonathan Chaplin, member of the Centre for Faith and Public Life at Wesley House, Cambridge and author of Faith in Democracy: Framing a Politics of Deep Diversity (SCM 2021), looks critically at the Establishment of the Church of England. (8 June 2022).
- Scott Wortley: Why did Queen’s Counsel automatically become King’s Counsel? Parliament and the Demise of the Crown Act 1901. (9 September 2022).
- St Paul’s Cathedral: A Service of Prayer and Reflection, (9 September 2022).
- FOI request 3165: Lord Great Chamberlain and Position of the Lord Great Chamberlain following the demise of the monarch.
- Flag Institute: British Flag Protocol.
- Central Council of Church Bell Ringers: Operation London Bridge CCCBR.
- Royal School of Church Music: Sunday by Sunday Music Guidance.
- David Torrance: House of Commons Library: Regency and Counsellors of State. (30 May 2022).
- Bob Morris, The Conversation: King Charles, defender of faith: what the monarchy’s long relationship with religion may look like under the new sovereign. (20 September 2022).
- David Torrance, House of Commons Library: The Accession of King Charles III. (21 September 2022).
- Incorporated Council of Law Reporting for England and Wales (ICLR): Accession of King Charles III: changes affecting The Law Reports. (16 September 2022).
- Peter Edge, Edge Law Blog: The Proclamation of Charles III, (24 September 2022).
Last updated, 22 September at 13:37.