The Church of England’s Table of Parochial Fees from 1 January 2019 (“the Table”), prepared by the Archbishops’ Council, is now available on the C of E website here. The basic fees are listed below (but please do visit the C of E website to read the accompanying notes). An explanation of the calculation of these fees and the timing of their publication is here.
- Publication of banns: £30
- Certificate of banns, if required: £14
- Marriage service: £455
- Marriage certificate at registration, if required: £4 up to 15 February 2019; and £11 from 16 February 2019. [This change has now been incorporated into the Table].
- Service (in church, cemetery, or crematorium): £195
- Burial in churchyard, preceding or following on from service in church: £313
- Burial in churchyard, on separate occasion or without service in church: £341
- Burial in cemetery or cremation immediately preceding or following on from service in church: £28
- Burial certificate, if required: £14
- There is no fee for a service of baptism
- Certificate of baptism, if required: £14
Searches in church registers
The Table also lists charges for searches in church registers in relation to baptisms, marriages, and funerals, (Notes A2 and B3). Access to such records is provided through S20 Parochial Registers and Records Measure 1978 – Searches of certain register books.
Parochial Fees for 2020
The Parochial Fees for 2020 were published on 5 November 2019 and are summarised in our post Church of England Parochial Fees 2020. These are based upon the formula in the Parochial Fees and Scheduled Matters Amending Order 2019 which was approved by General Synod on 21 February 2019, reported in our post Church of England Parochial Fees – Changes for 2020 to 2024. The fees for 2020 are based upon the August 2019 inflation figures announced by the Office for National Statistics on 18 September 2019.