The Charities Act 2022 (Commencement No. 1, Consequential and Saving Provision) Regulations 2022 (SI/2022/1109), made on 26 October, bring into force the following provisions of the Act on 31 October:
- Section 4 (power to amend Royal charter).
- Section 5 (orders under section 73 of the Charities Act 2011: parliamentary procedure).
- Section 6 (cy-près powers).
- Section 7 (proceeds of fund-raising: power of charity trustees to apply cy-près).
- Section 8 (power of the court and the Commission to make schemes).
- Section 30 (remuneration of charity trustees etc providing goods or services to charity).
- Section 32 (trustee of charitable trust: status as trust corporation).
- Section 36 (costs incurred in relation to Tribunal proceedings etc).
- In section 37 (public notice as regards Commission orders etc)—
(a) subsection (1), in so far as it relates to the provisions of section 37 mentioned in sub-paragraphs (b) to (d) below,
(b) subsection (2)(a),
(c) subsection (2)(b), in so far as it relates to section 67A of the 2011 Act(a), and
(d) subsection (3).
- Section 40 (minor and consequential provision), in so far as it relates to the provisions brought into force by paragraph 11 of this Schedule.
- The following paragraphs of Schedule 2 (minor and consequential amendments)—
(a) paragraph 1, in so far as it relates to paragraphs 11 and 13 to 15 of Schedule 2,
(b) paragraph 11,
(c) paragraph 12,
(d) paragraph 13,
(e) paragraph 14,
(f) paragraph 15,
(g) paragraph 38, in so far as it relates to paragraphs 39 and 40 of Schedule 2,
(h) paragraph 39,
(i) paragraph 40, and
(j) paragraph 41.