As anticipated in our earlier post, on 4 July 2019 the Independent Inquiry on Childhood Sexual Abuse (IICSA) announced the timetable for week 2 of the public hearing on the Anglican Church, commencing on 8 July 2019. The topics of these hearings are summarized below and fuller details are available on the IICSA web pages. In addition we have included links to the transcripts to the hearings as they become available.
Our post IICSA: Some more legal views summarizes the further written and oral evidence presented to the Inquiry on 5th July by the Revd Canon Dr Rupert Bursell QC.
Anglican Church investigation
Timetable for week 2 of the public hearing commencing on 8 July 2019
- Day 6, Monday 8 July 2019: Sampling Church of England.
- Day 7, Tuesday 9 July 2019: Sampling Church of England and Safeguarding Management.
- Day 8, Wednesday 10 July 2019: .Safeguarding Management and Clergy Discipline.
- Day 9, Thursday 11 July 2019: Safeguarding Management and the Theology of Safeguarding.
- Day 10, Friday 12 July 2019: Closing Statements.
Transcripts of Hearings, Week 1
- Day 1, 1st July 2019
- Day 2, 2nd July 2019
- Day 3, 3rd July 2019
- Day 4, 4th July 2019
- Day 5, 5th July 2019
Transcripts of Hearings, Week 2
- Day 6, 8th July 2019
- Day 7, 9th July 2019
- Day 8, 10th July 2019
- Day 9, 11th July 2019
- Day 10, 12th July 2019