This is a weekly update on the legislation and guidance on coronavirus COVID-19 up to and including Saturday 10 October; it is intended as a quick reference to the latest developments. New items will be added throughout each week as they become available, and included in COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance which is now the main source of information§. The updates for the earlier weeks are here.
Sunday 4 October to Saturday 10 October
Law and Religion UK
- Law and religion round-up – 4 October. Humanist wedding ceremonies and COVID-19; Church of Scotland: virtual General Assembly; Methodist Church: updated COVID-19 guidance.
Church of England
- Last updated Friday 2 October at 11:07
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Additional Temporary Measures) (Scotland) Regulations 2020, SSI 2020/3318. Additional temporary restrictions and requirements making provision for the areas specified in “the protected area” (Reg 2) and for the rest of Scotland. They expire at 6 a.m. on 26 October 2020. The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 are suspended during the life of these Regulations.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance (II). Further items of legislation and guidance were added to this summary; it has also been edited to older remove items which have now been superseded.
- COVID-19: Guidance for small marriages and civil partnerships, MHCLG, 7 October 2020. Updated guidance on wedding and civil partnership receptions and celebrations. Changes cover the rules on face coverings, distance between tables, singing in groups of more than 6, dancing, music volume and enforcement. This page links to COVID-19: Guidance for small marriages and civil partnerships Document and COVID-19: Guidance for wedding and civil partnership receptions and celebrations.
- COVID-19: guidance for the safe use of places of worship and special religious services and gatherings during the pandemic. MHCLG, 8 October. Page links to COVID-19: guidance for the safe use of places of worship during the pandemic, Special religious services and gatherings COVID-19 checklist, and High Holy Day services and gatherings COVID-19 checklist. All updated 8 October 2020. Guidance to enable the safe reopening of places of worship for a broader range of activities and includes a checklist for special religious services and gatherings.
- CCCBR, Guidance Notes, (as at 2 October 2020).
§ – item to be added to COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance.
Post last updated, 10 October at 21:32.
Cite this article as: David Pocklington, "New COVID-19 legislation and guidance to 10 October" in Law & Religion UK, 10 October 2020, https://lawandreligionuk.com/2020/10/10/new-covid-19-legislation-and-guidance-to-10-october/
Pingback: COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance (II) | Law & Religion UK