This is the latest rolling weekly update covering the legislation and guidance on coronavirus COVID-19 during the week commencing 14 March*.
Sunday 14 March to Saturday 20 March
Law and Religion UK
- Weddings in England: “Step 2” relaxation of lockdown, Statement by UK Weddings Taskforce, (19 March 2021).
- Coronavirus and ecclesiastical law – II. Impact of closure of churches on Church services: Celebration of Holy Communion Priest alone; Live streaming of services – Technical aspects, Copyright, Spiritual Communion; Individual cups; Intinction. (Re-issued 18 March 2021).
- COVID-19: places of worship and the latest Welsh Regulations, Following the latest announcements by Welsh Government, the Revd Gethin Rhys, Policy Officer of Cytûn, has issued a helpful update on the position as it affects places of worship, (15 March 2021).
- Law and religion round-up – 14 March. Easing the lockdown in Scotland Easing the lockdown in England; Marriage law: forthcoming events; Book launch.
Church of England‡
- Last updated: Friday 05 March, 15.15 Following the Prime Minister’s statement to the Commons outlining the Government’s spring response, the Bishop of London has responded. Our current guidance on the four-step roadmap reflects the information we have on the upcoming changes to restrictions, understanding that the dates given are indicative and that further information may not be available until we approach each step. We continue to work with the Government through the Places of Worship Taskforce and will update our guidance on this website as soon as new information is published by the Government.
Other faith groups
- Faith Associates: Ramadan 2021 Mosque Guidance – England COVID-19 Restrictions. (13 March 2021).
- Faith Associates: Mosque COVID-19 4 Step Plan To Unlock Restrictions, (Scroll down), (updated 26 February 2021).
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus Restrictions) (No. 5) (Wales) (Amendment) (No. 5) Regulations 2021, SI 2021/307 (W. 79). Amend the the principal Regulations, 2020/1609 (W. 335).
The Coronavirus (Scotland) Acts (Amendment of Expiry Dates) Regulations 2021, SSI 2021/152 and Policy Note. These Regulations amend the Coronavirus (Scotland) Act 2020 (the “first Act”) and the Coronavirus (Scotland) (No. 2) Act 2020 (the “second Act”). These Regulations further amend those Acts so that Part 1 of the first Act and Part 1 of the second Act now expire on 30 September 2021.
Other churches and faith organizations
- John Stevens, National Director of FIEC: Coronavirus: Congregational Singing & Weddings – Latest Update For England From Ministry of Housing Local Government And Communities, (19 March 2021).
Post last updated, 21 March at 06:59.
These updates are published at the start of each week; they are not reissued, but new items are added throughout the week as they become available, providing a “rolling update” of the latest developments during the current week. They are also added to COVID-19 Coronavirus: legislation and guidance which is the main source of information; those items in the weekly updates yet to be added are marked “§“. The updates for the earlier weeks are here.
For Church of England documents, the information on the document itself – date and version number – provides the best indication of the date on which it was issued