Press conference tomorrow on Pope Francis’ two new Motu proprio on the reform of canonical procedure for marriage annulment
The Vatican made the following announcement today.
“Vatican City, 7 September 2015 (VIS) At midday tomorrow, Tuesday 8 September, a press conference will be held in the Holy See Press Office to present the two letters issued “Motu proprio” by Pope Francis, “Mitis ludex Dominus Iesus, [Lord Jesus, Meek Judge]” and “Mitis et misericors Iesus, [Jesus, Meek and Merciful] ” on the reform of canonical procedure for the annulment of marriage in the Code of Canon Law (CIC) and the Code of Canons of the Oriental Churches (CCEO) respectively.
The speakers in the conference, in the order in which they will intervene, are:
– Msgr. Pio Vito Pinto, dean of the Roman Rota and president of the Special Commission for the Study of the Reform of Matrimonial Processes in Canon Law;
– Cardinal Francesco Coccopalmerio, president of the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts and member of the Special Commission;
– Bishop Dimitrios Salachas, apostolic exarch of Athens for Greek Catholics of Byzantine Rite and member of the Special Commission;
– Archbishop Luis Francisco Ladaria Ferrer, S.J., secretary of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and member of the Special Commission;
– Msgr. Alejandro W. Bunge, prelate auditor of the Roman Rota and secretary of the Special Commission;
– Fr. Nikolaus Schoch, O.F.M., substitute promoter of Justice at the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura and secretary of the Special Commission.
The texts of the documents in hard copy (in Latin and in Italian translation) will be available to accredited journalists from 10.30 tomorrow with Embargoed until Tuesday, September 8 at 12:30.
The press conference can be followed live via streaming audio-video:
- VaticanPlayer the web by typing http://player.rv.va
- Channel TheVatican YouTube typing http://youtube.com/vatican
- the Vatican Radio App for Android – iPhone – WindowsPhone. The app can be downloaded directly from the website of Vatican Radio: www.radiovaticana.va
With thanks to Dr Ed Peters for the lead