An important message to subscribers
As everyone will be aware, the General Data Protection Regulation comes into operation on 25 May. In terms of how that event affects this blog:
- We currently hold the e-mail addresses of those who have registered to receive e-mail updates, but not their names.
- We do not have the e-mail addresses of those who have subscribed via WordPress.
- We hold no other personal data on subscribers.
- We assume that, for the purposes of the GDPR, we have a legitimate interest in holding that information and that subscribers recognise that interest.
- We therefore propose to delete the e-mail addresses of all existing e-mail subscribers on 24 May, which means that those who wish to continue receving e-mail notifications will have to subscribe afresh.
- We shall take resubscription to signify informed consent to our holding the e-mail addresses of individual subscribers on our system.
- We only communicate with subscribers by e-mail and not by any other means.