Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Charity Commission inquiry
The Charity Commission has announced that it has opened an inquiry into Citygate Christian Outreach Centre (charity number 1111470), which runs a church in Beckenham. The Commission opened an inquiry when it learned that the trustees had given an individual over £900,000 via unsecured loans. It also identified concerns about the charity’s awarding of payments and other financial benefits to trustees and others connected with the charity. The inquiry is examining:
- decision-making in relation to the unsecured loans;
- if there has been any financial loss to the charity;
- whether potential conflicts of interest in relation to financial transactions have been handled appropriately;
- if there has been any unauthorised private benefit to the trustees and/or connected parties; and
- whether the trustees have complied with their governing document and fulfilled their duties and responsibilities under charity law.
Assisted dying Continue reading