COVID-19 in Scotland
On Tuesday, the Scottish Government announced that a public inquiry into its handling of the COVID-19 pandemic would be set up by the end of the year, to be led by a judge and established under the Inquiries Act 2005. it will:
- investigate events causing public concern and establish the facts in relation to such issues;
- determine the explanations for decisions taken and causes of anything which may not have gone as expected;
- consider if and how different outcomes could have been achieved;
- establish any lessons to be learned from what has happened; and
- make any recommendations that the inquiry considers appropriate.